“The Front Hall Closet” – Every project has a space or a feature that everything else hinges on, and for this semi-detached home in Bloor Junction it was the front hall closet. Originally the new owners of this semi-detached home in Bloor West contacted us to complete a main floor renovation – but there was a twist, it had to include a front hall closet. Open to the challenge (given the space constraint, out of date layout, systems, etc) we gutted the entire space, along with the existing staircase, second floor and third level loft.
Unique Design Elements
- Open concept main level including new kitchen cabinets, large island, eat in kitchen/dining room and double door walkout to backyard.
- Rebuilt existing 600 sqft loft space on third level to accommodate laundry room and two bedrooms.
- Created master bedroom and ensuite on existing second level to include a large glass shower, double sink vanity and private water closet.
- Beautiful new new staircase from basement to third level, including staining treads, painted risers and contemporary square posts.
- Structural improvements included levelling existing floors on main, second and third level by jacking up floor systems from basement and installing new footings.