“The Addition” – The owners of this bungalow in West Bronte originally contacted us to build a second storey addition on the existing house. After discussing their wants + needs and reviewing budget, it was recommended that we look at an alternate design. As a result, we decided to gut the main living space in the house to create an open concept kitchen and great room, move the stairs to the back of the house and most importantly add an addition to accommodate new master suite – including bedroom walk in closet and bathroom. In the end the homeowners were very excited about the end result and overall feel and usability of their new space.
Unique Design Elements
- A 310 sq.ft main floor addition was added to the rear section of the house to accommodate the new master suite – including bedroom and bathroom. An existing “small” bedroom was converted for a hallway and walk in closet.
- Gutted main floor living space to accommodate new “expanded” kitchen and great room to create a truly usable space by installed flush beam in main space for flat ceilings.
- Expanded existing opening from one 72” opening to two 72” double doors for maximum light and access to rear deck.
- Painted exterior brick to update exterior of house for reasonable investment,
- New Window and Doors throughout house.