“The White Brick House” – This traditional two storey house was built in the late 1960’s and was in desperate need of attention and repair. The decision was made to restore and rebuild, as the existing “structure and bones” of the house were in good shape. Also, there was an existing addition that had been built by the original homeowners, which could be rebuilt to increase the amount of living space even further.
Unique Design Elements
- Reworked the existing main floor to create an open concept living space using flush beams in the dining room and kitchen to create a seamless transition between the two spaces.
- The house was converted from a small four bedroom home that had an undersized main bathroom to a three bedroom home with a large contemporary bedroom suite, including a 4pc bathroom and walk in closet.
- New real wood siding and trim boards were installed on the exterior to create a “Cape Cod” feel.
- Reworked the window openings throughout the house including boxed bay windows in the living and dining room, double slider doors in the kitchen, skylight in upper storey hallway and a new front door system.
- Reworked the existing front porch including the rebuilding of the roof line, new pillars and custom fyphon capping.
- Custom solid shaker doors were installed throughout the house.
- Finished basement including an office, guest bedroom with ensuite bathroom and a custom finished laundry room.
- Integrated “zoned” audio throughout the house – individually zoned keypads in each room with ceiling speakers and centrally controlled unit in the media room.