123 Talbot Drive
â€śThe Side Splitâ€ť This 1960â€™s side split was ideally situated on a large 75â€™ x 150â€™ corner lot in Coronation Park, Oakville. The original house was well kept, but needed updating and a larger footprint to accommodate more living space. The new home ownerâ€™s desire was to keep the unique â€śhalf levelâ€ť layout of the side split, but wanted the look and feel of a two storey home. This presented many challenges along the way â€“ all which were overcome and in the end created an incredible outcome. The house is truly one of a kind!
Unique Design Elements
- A 200 sqft main floor addition was added off the kitchen to create a walkout to the backyard and modern sized great room, perfect for entertaining.
- A 650 sqft third level addition was added off of the existing second floor to create a new master ensuite, including a large principle room, ensuite and two walk-in closets. The space was finished off with vaulted ceilings.
- The ceilings on the second floor were raised to 12â€™ feet and a skylight was added, to give a very dramatic feel to the upper hallway.
- The exterior of the house was designed to look like a traditional two storey house, while maintaining the side split layout on the inside.
- Open tread staircases and glass railings were used to add modern polish and maintain the airy feel and contemporary look throughout the house.
- The landscaping will be completely done over the next two years, including a supporting wall made out of armor stone, single stringer steel staircase with glass railings from great room to the patio, wrought iron fencing and soft landscaping materials.