â€śThe Illinoisâ€ť â€“ This beautiful home speaks for itself! The owner of this grand home commissioned that a custom built 3,100 square foot â€śdesignerâ€ť home be built by SCOTT Design + Build. The results are exceptional, large, spacious & grand! With just the right amount of open space and privacy, this fabulous home allows the owner to enjoy the incredible interior living space or relax while still at home on one of the three exterior covered porches. The home was designed to be a landmark, however not to stand out from other dwellings in the surrounding area. The massing and rooflines were kept low to not tower above the adjacent houses. To capture the traditional elements of the Southwest Oakville character, the exterior materials are wood siding, natural stone, painted wood trim, columns and cedar shakes.
Unique Design Elements
- The massing and rooflines were kept low on this house to capture the traditional elements of the Southwest Oakville character, however have a modern appeal.
- Exterior materials are wood siding, natural stone, painted wood trim, columns and cedar shakes.
- A must-have kitchen any cook would want â€“ stainless steel oversized professional quality appliances including 36â€ť oversized commercial gas stove and 42â€ť French door style refrigerator.
- 9 foot ceilings on the main floor, vaulted on the second floor and above grade oversized windows in the lower level
- Fully open grand staircase leads you to the second level with vaulted ceiling and contemporary chandelier
- Second level offers large master ensuite with two closets (one walk in), 5 pc bathroom and vaulted ceilings in master bedroom, 4 bedrooms with private or semi-private ensuite privileges and full laundry area with stackable washer & dryer and custom cabinetry.
- Two outdoor covered porch areas and barbeque area for ease of entertaining.